I’m a Yogi Yoga Studio
Personal Data Statement to Customers (“Statement”)
This Statement is to inform the customers of the policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data adopted by the Company and the owners of the properties managed and/or operated by the Company in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 (“Ordinance”) and applicable data protection laws. References to “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours” in this Statement are to be construed, depending on the context, as referring to those properties or entities collectively or severally.
1. From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply us with data in connection with the provision of goods and/or services. Failure to supply such data may result in us not being able to provide the goods and/or services.
2. Customers will be asked to confirm their acceptance of and/or consent to the terms of this Statement when making purchases or otherwise communicating with us via this website or as required under applicable laws. Customers’ use or access of this website will also constitute deemed consent/acceptance of the terms of this Statement.
Where a customer provides personal data of third parties (e.g. names and contact details of the customer’s family members or friends for purchase and delivery purposes), the customer acknowledges and confirms that the customer has obtained the relevant third parties’ consent to provide their personal data to us.
3. We collect the following types of personal data from customers for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 below:
- full name and contact information;
- credit card and other payment details;
- guest’s purchase and delivery information; and
- any other information which the customer chooses to provide to us.
4. The customer agrees that any personal data with respect to the customer or any other party which has been provided by the customer to us (“Personal Data”) may be disclosed and transferred to the following locations or persons who shall hold, use, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 5 and on a need-to-know basis:
- our corporate office in Hong Kong;
- any agent, contractor, credit provider, financial institution, service provider or professional adviser of ours or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any of our holding companies, their subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct interest;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of ours; and
- any other party at the customer’s consent or instruction.
5. The customer acknowledges and agrees that his/her Personal Data is provided to and retained by us for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the customer and us or required by law from time to time:
- the provision of any goods and/or services to the customer (including purchases and delivery arrangements, membership-related services and responding to inquiries and requests for information or services);
- the analysis, verification and/or checking of the customer’s credit, credit history and payment;
- the ensuring of the customer’s on-going credit worthiness;
- the processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the customer;
- the determination of the amount of debt owed to or by the customer and/or the processing and/or collection of amounts outstanding from the customer and those providing security for the customer’s obligations;
- the performance, preparation and enforcement of any agreement between the customer and us;
- in connection with any merger, sale, financing or acquisition of our business by/with another company;
- the meeting of the requirements to make disclosures under the requirements of any law; and
- any other purposes relating to the above.
6. We intend to use the customers’ personal information (including their names and contact details) for use in direct marketing of the news, offers, services, promotions, events and other information in relation to our hospitality businesses. We may not so use the customers’ personal information without the customers’ consent or indication of no objection. We will always ask for the customers’ consent or indication of no objection before using the customers’ personal information for direct marketing. Customers may always opt-out from receiving our direct marketing communications by following the instructions in the relevant communications or contact us directly at email@example.com.
7. Under and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, the customer has the right to:
- check whether we hold any Personal Data with respect to the customer;
- access such of the Personal Data which we hold with respect to the customer;
- require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Personal Data and to be informed of the kinds of the Personal Data held by us;
- withdraw consent to the processing of his/her Personal Data;
- erasure of his/her Personal Data;
- restrict data processing;
viii. object against profiling;
- data portability; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (where applicable).
8. In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
Any request for access to the Personal Data, correction of the Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by us or any request in relation to the customers’ rights under paragraph 7 above should be in writing and addressed as follows:
Imayogi® Quarry Bay
Room 308, 3/F, Westlands Centre, No.20 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
9. We will only retain the Personal Data for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for the purposes of satisfying our legal, accounting or compliance-related requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, sensitivity, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the Personal Data, the purposes for which we collect/process the Personal Data and the applicable legal requirements.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
11. This Statement has been translated into different languages. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the other versions, the English version shall prevail.